Associate of Arts in Christian Counseling
The Associate of Arts in Christian Counseling degree is designed to broaden the understanding of the multi-faceted aspects of Christian counseling. This program will equip ministry practitioners with the skills to counsel from a Biblical and Christian perspective and will enhance their effectiveness of ministering to people. This program is not designed to prepare a student for state exams or to practice in secular counseling environments.
The Associate of Arts in Christian Counseling comprises three parts for the student to complete or provide proof of completion.
- Foundational Courses – 15 credit hours
- Core Course Requirements – 21 Credit hours
- Elective Courses – 24 Credit Hours
These are studies that provide the foundational basis for theological and biblical understanding and are required courses for all students entering into a degree program through Logos University. These are mandatory courses for all undergraduate students of Logos University.
- HCH201: Church History 1
- HCH211: Church History 2
- NTS101: New Testament Survey
- NTS211: Romans: The Overcoming Life
- OTS101: Old Testament Survey
- PTH101: Principles of Bible Study
- PTH102: Discipleship and Mentoring
- SYS222: Christology
- SYS323: Ecclesiology
- THE230: Hermeneutics
Core Concentration Courses
Core concentration courses provide the core study for your major. For the Associate of Arts in Christian Counseling, these courses may come from any course with a Prefix of CNS and PSY. Eligible courses may be found below and descriptions can be found in our course catalog. Below is a sample of degree concentration courses. These may be switched and customized to meet your needs. Courses may be found in the course catalog on pages 34-52.
- PSY101 – Introduction to Psychology – Required
- PSY204 – Developmental Psychology – Required
- CNS130 – Introduction to Christian Counseling
- CNS131 – Biblical Counseling
- CNS231 – Effective Counseling Skills
- CNS331 – Marriage and Family
- PSY212 – Cognitive Therapy